Residential Portland Garbage Service and Recycling
Arrow Sanitary Service is honored to provide Portland trash service to residents in Portland, Gresham, Estacada, Eagle Creek, and Boring, Oregon.
We live, work, and play here and understand the importance of friendly and dependable waste management services in the Portland area.
Frequently Asked Questions:
2 - What is my residential pickup schedule?
3 - What are the residential service guidelines?
4 - What materials are accepted?
If you have any questions, our local Portland customer service representatives can help.
We work every day of the year, except for Christmas and New Year’s Day to make sure your residential garbage service is done on time.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your neighborhood.
1 – Does Arrow Sanitary service my Residential Address?
2 – What is my Residential Pickup Schedule?
- Portland Curbside Collection E-Schedule: Click Here
- City of Gresham Residential Garbage & Recycling: Click Here
- Clackamas County Residential Garbage & Recycling: Click Here
- Metro: Click Here
Use the My Schedule tool below to look up your address and view your pickup schedule. Use the Waste Wizard tool to learn what items are allowed for collection in what container. And, please download the WasteConnect App on Google Play or Apple Store.
3 - What are the Residential Service Guidelines?
Container Types, Sizes & Capacity
|Container Sizes||Max Lbs.||Trash Gray||Recycle Blue||Glass Yellow||Compost Green|
|20 Gallon Bin||50||x|
|35 Gallon Cart||75||x||x|
|60 Gallon Cart||105||x||x||x|
|90 Gallon Cart||145||x||x|
The above residential carts and bins above are the property of Arrow Sanitary Service. When customers move, they need to leave the containers at the same address for the new customers. Missing carts may be charged a replacement fee of $50.
Container Capacity and Placement
- Please place carts by the curb by 6AM or the night before.
- Please keep lids closed to prevent littering.
- Place carts within 3 feet of the curb and leave 3 feet clearance on both sides.
- Containers need your address or house number on the front.
- Do not overfill container.
- Overweight carts/bins will not be dumped.
- Contents must fall freely from the container.
- Overfilled carts or extra bags/boxes will be assessed an extra $5 charge each.
Please call 503-257-1331 or email to report a missed pickup within two business days. Once we are aware of the problem we can make sure you are properly serviced.
Billing / Payment Details
- Once you receive your first statement in the mail, you can sign up for online bill pay on the Pay Bill page.
- Please notify us of an address change, service change, or termination of service as soon as possible. Charges will continue to accrue unless we are notified of a change.
- Vacation credit is given if you are gone for two weeks or more. Please call before leaving to let us know. Credits cannot be given without advance notice.
- There will be a $25 handling charge on all checks with non-sufficient funds.
- Bills not paid within 30 days of the due date will be subject to service suspension, late fees, (1.5% of balance due –minimum of $1), and reinstatement fees of $10 and your account may be subject to a 2-month advance deposit.
4 - What Materials are Accepted?
To learn what is acceptable in each container, view the lists below and use the Waste Wizard tool to look individual items up.
Residential Trash Cart Materials
Trash Cart - Items Accepted
|Animal Pet Waste - Double bag and tie.|
|Bags, dry cleaning, food storage|
|Diapers, incontinence pads and briefs|
|Non-hazardous solid waste t|
|Plastic 6-pack holder for beverage containers|
|Plastic clam shell containers|
|Plastic silverware, straws, lids|
|Sawdust. Bag and tie.|
|Styrofoam cups, egg cartons, plates, etc.|
|Styrofoam packing peanuts. Bag and tie|
Trash Carts – Items Not Accepted
|Rocks, dirt, sod|
|Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)|
|Cleaners and disinfectants|
|Paints and stains|
|Pesticides and poisons|
|Pool and spa chemicals|
|Thinners and solvents|
Residential Recycling Cart Materials
Place all items loose in cart, except contain shredded paper in paper bags.
Recycling Cart - Items Accepted
|Aseptic Cartons – Please rinse out.|
|Juice, soy milk cartons|
|Paper – Place loose in cart.|
|Paper egg cartons|
|Paperboard or boxboard from cereal, Kleenex, 12 pack beverage boxes|
|Newspaper, inserts, magazines, catalogs, and phone books|
|Please flatten boxes and put small boxes in brown paper bags|
|Cardboard should be no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet wide.|
|Place shredded paper in a paper bag to prevent litter.|
|Metal – Please rinse out.|
|Aerosol Cans: Empty cans through normal use, discard plastic caps, and put cans in cart. Don’t flatten, puncture or remove nozzle.|
|Aluminum beverage cans.|
|Metal food cans. No need to remove ends or paper label|
|Plastic – Please rinse out.|
|Plastic jugs used for milk, laundry detergent, water|
|Plastic bottles: Include bottles with necks smaller than the base or with screw tops. Discard lids, caps, and pumps. Bottles used for beverages, shampoo, salad dressing, cooking oil, aspirin, vitamins|
|Plastic tubs used for margarine, yogurt, cottage cheese, salsa, etc.|
|Nursery pots and buckets|
Recycling Cart - Items Not Accepted
|Any item not on acceptable list|
|Books, softcover or hard cover|
|Clothes, clothes hangers|
|Food contaminated paper, tissue paper, paper towels, napkins, or paper coated with wax, foil or plastic.|
|Glass, any type.|
|Plastic bags are not allowed in the recycle cart.|
|Plastic containers used for motor oil, hazardous materials, pesticides, etc.|
|Styrofoam items like cups, plates, packing peanuts, egg cartons.|
Please breakdown cardboard boxes and cut to fit into cart.
Residential Glass Bin Materials
|Glass Bin - Items Accepted|
|Glass beverage bottles. Rinse out. Put lids in trash.|
|Glass food jars. Rinse out. Put lids in trash.|
Residential Compost Cart Materials
These organic materials are diverted from the landfill.
- Yard debris and food scraps are picked up weekly
- Set out cart for pickup every week
- Set cart out even if it's not full
- The 60 gallon cart weight limit is 100 pounds
- Do not pack tightly
- Contents must fall freely from the cart
- Remove empty containers from curb within 24 hours
Compost Cart - Items Accepted
|Bread, baked goods, pasta, rice, beans, nuts, seeds|
|Coffee grounds, filters, tea bags|
|Eggs and eggshells, cheese, dairy products|
|Meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, bones|
|Paper napkins and paper towels|
|Pizza delivery boxes|
|Table scraps, plate scrapings, leftovers|
|Vegetables and fruit|
|Small branches (less than 4" thick and 36" long)|
|Weeds, leaves, vines, grass|
Compost Cart - Items Not Accepted
|Compostable plastic takeout containers and utensils|
|Fast food wrappers, packaging, takeout containers and waxed paper|
|Large amounts of grease, cooking oil and liquid|
|Non-approved compostable plastic bags|
|Paper plates, cups and cartons|
|Plastic and produce bags|
|Styrofoam™, metal and glass|